A Christmas Greeting...

K7SU
The Night Before Christmas,
By Kelly Klaas K7SU
Twas the night before Christmas and inside my shack
the computer was noisy and acting all whacked.
The icons were lined up with order and care
but now they all looked to be floating in air.
The big rig was smoking and dancing a clatter
as I scratch my head wonderin’ what is the matter.
The bands are all quiet no sideband or code,
I try to tune up but the beam just won’t load.
Not ten, not fifteen not forty or twenty,
But static and whistles are all there a plenty.
I wonder what’s wrong and how can I fix it?
Where is my mouse…I will just try to click it.
Well, that didn’t work, the noise is still there.
Perhaps I should bench it and try a repair.
But Christmas is nigh, yep just a few hours
Maybe I’ll order a couple of towers.
How ‘bout a new rig to light up the shack?
A brand new computer the hackers could hack.
The two meter rig is getting all dusty and
All my antennas are really too rusty.
Or maybe I’ll wait until Santa comes through
and ask him to make all my ham dreams come true.
I think I can hear him, he’s calling on 20.
CQ, CQ Merry Christmas a plenty.
I’m bringing your stuff so your shack will be bright!
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.