Graphical Repeater Locator

ak7ws
Work in progress, the geolocation fails, not sure why, but I'm trying to fix that.

http://voi.servehttp.com/rpete/RepeaterDB.html

If someone has a similar site, I would like to hear from them.

More details on the VOI forums:
http://voi.servehttp.com/myBB/

Re: Graphical Repeater Locator

K7SU
This will be VERY COOL!  Wish I knew more about it to help out.

Kelly  K7SU

Re: Graphical Repeater Locator

ak7ws

I wish you did too!  I'm new to web page programming, but welcome any help!

There's worries the some folks might just trash the DB with garbage... but I'd sure like it so anyone can update it instead of it having to me 'managed' by a few.

Hope you can put your stuff on there!  There's no 'delete' anywhere, but I can use phpadmin to do things like that.

Thanks Kelly!

On 12/12/18 10:13 AM, K7SU [via ARRL Idaho Discussion Forum] wrote:
This will be VERY COOL!  Wish I knew more about it to help out.

Kelly  K7SU

http://arrl-idaho-discussion-forum.91646.n8.nabble.com/Graphical-Repeater-Locator-tp88p91.html
To unsubscribe from Graphical Repeater Locator, click here.
NAML
--
Lisa AK7WS

Re: Graphical Repeater Locator

K7SU
The instructions say to click on a tower and click ADD A REPEATER but when I click on a tower I get nothing.  I must be doing something wrong.

K7SU

Re: Graphical Repeater Locator

K7SU
oops...nevermind.  I skipped a step.  I see it now.

Ignore the above message.  I was never there!

K7SU

Re: Graphical Repeater Locator

ak7ws

No worries!  I'm adding/fixing stuff as we speak.  Trying to add stuff from lists like the one you got, but don't have locations for most entries.. That's why I'm doing this project... tired of not-knowing where stuffs at.  I've put some stuff in just the generic Boise tower, but would like to have locations on all of them as some time.

Even if people can just give me enough info to lookup tower locations on google earth, I'll add stuff.  Like the tower on my map that is just NE of mountain home.. I don't have the name for that point.

http://arrl-idaho-discussion-forum.91646.n8.nabble.com/Graphical-Repeater-Locator-tp88p95.html

ak7ws
As I get things populated in the database, I can provide you with a link that will pull the current info and put it in whatever format you want.  That would be a simple url you could add to any web site.  But the list would be dynamic.

Re: Graphical Repeater Locator

K7SU
OK.  I have several of our systems entered now.  Not all but will eventually.

Question...will we be able to provide a link from each repeater on our repeater list that will take them to the spot on the map where that repeater is located?  That would be cool!  It would take a while to do but would be worth the effort.

K7SU

Re: Graphical Repeater Locator

ak7ws

I think that can be done.  Actually it's easy once we have the data.  I would just have to export it in a format that would have links to the database...

Right now the program starts with your location IF I EVER GET THAT GEOLOCATION thing fixed!  But I could also take a ID as a parameter and jump right to that location.  First step would not be too hard, but it would drop you to the map with the tower centered.  Maybe in the next few days I'll get that part going.

http://arrl-idaho-discussion-forum.91646.n8.nabble.com/Graphical-Repeater-Locator-tp88p99.html

This is great!  Thanks for putting info in here!  Pass it on to anyone else that can help!
Tomorrow I'm going to start entering things from the number of lists I have.

Re: Graphical Repeater Locator

K7SU
That would really make this a slick tool!  Thanks for doing this.

K7SU

Re: Graphical Repeater Locator

W7LIS
Nice job setting this up.  I just added a new site with the correct location for the Galena summit repeater.  This repeater is not on Galena Peak and that Galena Peak site should be deleted.  I also added a site for Bald Mountain near Ketchum which is where our other repeater is located.  I named it Bald Mt Front, because there is also another electronics site on Bald Mtn that is about half a mile west near the old USFS fire lookout.

73
David

Re: Graphical Repeater Locator

ak7ws

GREAT!  Did you move the repeater from the old Galena tower to the new?  Or create a second?  To move them, you just edit them where they are, and put the new site ID in the field.

http://arrl-idaho-discussion-forum.91646.n8.nabble.com/Graphical-Repeater-Locator-tp88p112.html