VHF Forum

ARRL Idaho
Administrator
Use this forum to discuss any VHF topics.  Click REPLY to post your comment.

Re: VHF Forum

N7DFL
Is anyone doing VHF/UHF SSB in the Boise area?

It's something that interests me, and I'm curious what your setup is and how to get started on a budget.

Re: VHF Forum

K7SU
Fortunately, many HF rigs now include V/UHF capabilities with all-mode operation, including SSB.  Probably the main thing you will want to do is put up a horizontally polarized antenna.  V/UHF CW/SSB normally uses horizontal polarization and there is a 20db plus difference in signal strength between vertical and horizontal polarization.  V/UHF SSB is fun and you will have a good time.  I'm not from the Boise area so not sure how much activity there is.  Here in Twin Falls we have one serious and active V/UHF guy (W7OUU) but he is mostly digital modes on meteor scatter, moon bounce etc.    K7SU

Re: VHF Forum

ki0e
For anybody that wants to discuss 146.52 simplex, I have created a facebook page that has a lot of discussions on it.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/call146520/
KI0E, Kim Gross Nampa Idaho

Re: VHF Forum

NavyRadioMan